6.21.2012

Double Feature at the Drive-In


I spent the weekend with my family up in the Ogden area for Father's Day. Unfortunately, D had to stay home for work. So when I returned I took him on a special surprise date for his "weekend" (since he has Tues/Wed off)! I made him sit in the car blindfolded while I packed the back of the Subaru full of pillows, blankets, card games, and a cooler full of movie treats and covered it all up with a blanket. 

Then we headed to Sandy to grab some dinner at Chipotle, our very favorite place. We had some time to kill so we went to Target to wander around because that is always a good idea. I found "Hello Panda"'s in the dollar section and eeeked my way back to Danny with the boxes held over my head. We discovered these gems while we were in Kona on our graduation trip. I have been craving them ever since. We then proceeded to the shoe section where D got me the leopard print flats I have had my eye on for a month or so now. What a sweet man. 

Finally, we headed out to Redwood Road to go to the Drive-In. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE surprising Danny. Even if it is not that exciting, he lights up like an 6-year-old boy on Christmas Eve. He absolutely loves to be surprised. And he was (I made him bring a swimming suit with us to throw off the scent). So we spent the next hour setting up camp, playing card games and trying to find the right radio station. We saw Men in Black III and the Avengers, both of which D has been chomping at the bit to see. I love me some Will Smith and I especially love me some Thor.

  
     

Anyone ever play "Fortune Aces" in junior high? I think we made that name up. You name each ace with a guy you like and then the cards tell you what your life would be like. We played this at the Drive-In but made each ace a med school. VCU all the way baby!

  

It was such a fun night. The weather was beautiful and I love being snuggled up in the back of the Sube with my guy. Date nights are my favorite nights!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes: