9.25.2012

A Camping Weekend

This past weekend (aka last Tuesday and Wednesday because that is when D has work off) we went camping up American Fork Canyon. I love the fall and I just felt the need to absorb the gorgeous fall leaves and mountain air. The canyon was on fire with red and orange and yellow. I find myself surprised each year at nature's ability at gorgeousness.

It was the perfect weekend. We found a great campsite that we carried all our stuff across two big logs over the river to get to. It felt like we were the only two people on the mountain. We made some killer tin foil dinners, drank lots of hot chocolate and cuddled up beneath tons of blankets in the brisk fall air. We spent the days hiking, driving the Alpine Loop, trudging through calf-deep mud (of the clay variety) to get to the perfect fishing spot. There is something profoundly satisfying about being covered in sweat and earth. I spent the day reading and writing and D landed eight big catches. It was a fun adventure and my stomach was sore from laughing by the days end. I'm lucky to be married to a really funny outdoors man that convinces me to go on wild adventures with him.

Here are a handful of pictures of our wonderful weekend away!


 





Gorgeous! I wish I could bottle fall mountain air. I would open up the jar and breath it in every day for the rest of my life. Jane Austen rang in my head throughout the entire trip, "What are men to rocks and mountains?"

2 comments:

  1. This post did my soul good. Forgive me, but I often despise California weather. The blasted sun is always shining. I long for the crisp, colorful air I breathed in every Autumn of my life until last year. Your beautiful photos made me feel nostalgic, and the Jane Austen quote reminded me that you are indeed a kindred spirit. I hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: