10.18.2012

16 Ways to Blow Your Marriage

I think the autumn season naturally makes us more grateful. Maybe it is the oncoming of Thanksgiving and Christmas but I always find myself being grateful for unusual things come fall. 

While I hope it is not unusual for me to be grateful for my husband, I was struck with gratitude while we were at the gym a few mornings ago. When D and I first got married we got gym passes to 24 Hour Fitness. We would go to the gym in the evenings after class, often when Glee of the Bachelor was on. 24 Hour has all the TVs lifted up in front of cardio machines like most gyms but these TVs weren't controlled by the staff, instead the remotes were on a stand in the front. Anyway, we would go to the gym just a few minutes before 7:00 and I would be too embarrassed to change the TV to the Bachelor in front of all the gym goers so I would suffer through the Animal Planet or ESPN for the next hour. (Now that I think about this it is so silly but then other girls must have felt the same way because they weren't changing it either). Eventually, Danny caught on to what was happening and so before he went over to the weights he would walk up and change it to the Bachelor. It was a small thing. It was a huge thing.

Now we go to Gold's Gym and each machine has its own TV so I can watch what I please without being embarrassed but it reminded me of that small act. 

I saw this article on on Facebook and really loved it, it's called "16 Ways I Blew My Marriage". We got so much advice when we first got married, some of it applied some of it not so much. I loved everything on this list and some of it I needed reminding of. 


post signature


p.s. Our next interview is in Arizona! I think I will road trip down with D to see a few friends and check the place out! I would roast in the summer but I wouldn't mind a warm winter. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that, it was much needed. What a sweet thing D did. You're right so small, but SO big.

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: