10.23.2012

Saturdays are a Special Day

This weekend was full of friends and family.

Saturday started out with a ward yard sale. We have been trying to plan one for ages and finally Saturday worked out. I put up an ad on KSL, a friend made posters and put them around town. We had ten-ish families and a whole lot of good stuff. D woke me up at 6:40 AM (I didn't get out of bed until 7:10, oops) to head over to set up our stuff. I don't know what we were thinking since it was still dark out and freezing cold! Our plan was to sell from 7AM to noon and make a whole heap of cash. I have never done a yard sale before but they are really popular in Provo and there always seems to be a crowd. That is, until we had a yard sale. We made a total of three dollars. Seriously, $3.00! It was sad. But then most of the families made just a few bucks or nothing at all. In the end it turned into a giant ward swap meet where Danny got his first pair of cowboy boots. That boy never ceases to surprise me.

It was a very long, cold morning but we had so much fun hanging out with the other families in our ward. Sometimes I can't wait to move out of Provo but on mornings like that it feels very, very sad.

Next I headed over to the Pizza Factory (yum!) to go to lunch with the girls from the EFY office. It had been six months since we had all seen each other, which meant lunch went for two and a half hours. I adore those girls! It is non stop talk and laughing when we get together. I guess when you are used to sharing a 5 foot by 5 foot office space for two years while moms are screaming at you, you bond. Not to mention that EFY is so drama filled it is always fun to get caught up on the latest crazy stories. EFY and the friends I made during my time there will always hold a special place in my heart.

I spent the rest of the weekend up in Ogden with my family. My nephew was being blessed by my brother, which was so special.




Poor Danny had to work so he stayed in Provo over the weekend. But we did spend a lot of time making faces at each other via Face Time. FaceTime is great because I hate talking on the phone and not seeing his expressions but it gives us both a low self esteem. Does anyone look decent on Face Time? Oh, how I adore the weekends!


post signature

p.s. Book review to come on Thursdays, I'm just a few page short of finishing my book!

2 comments:

  1. facetime is like starting into one of those magnified mirrors that shoes you every skin flaw. it's awful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I never thought of it that way but it's so true!

      Delete

Love Notes: