7.12.2012

A Catts Family Update

Would someone please turn down the thermostat? This weather is melting my insides. I can't believe we are already half way into July! The summer is flying by. Good news for us, we are much farther ahead in the med school process than we were last summer. Last time around we were still working on personal statements and trying to pick out our schools. Now we are knee deep in secondaries applications. Seriously, only seven more secondaries to go!


 

We have spent this last week working, working, working (unlike the Barfuss fam, lucky dogs). It may have been the busied week of our whole summer. But maybe my favorite part of this week was the time D and I sat down together to dream about the future. We love to list all the states we applied to and how different our lives could end up being. Maybe we will be in Boston, or upstate New York, Philadelphia, Omaha or maybe right here in Salt Lake City. Who know? 

I'm so excited for the next chapter of our life but I also really love the moments we are having right now. Provo has grown on me, though I never thought it would. I love the friends that we have made here and how much fun we are having with them. I love the local library, seriously I could spend hours there. I like being out of school (okay, I love school and I'm already sad I'm not going back) and just working. I love that D is done with school and that he is just working. I love how much time we get to spend watching movies, reading books, making lists and walking through Costco. At some point this week I realized that as one day I will look back on these incredibly poor, incredibly busy days, and smile so much my cheeks hurt. 

So my goal for this next week is to move past the stress, the work, the jobs, the poor, the problems and start making my cheeks hurt right now. Because there is so much to smile about.


1 comment:

Love Notes: