11.06.2012

election day

Hope everyone rocked the vote (or plans to) today! Election Day is on my top 10 favorite holidays list. I was an American Studies major in college so election day makes my little political heart pitter-patter. We have had CNN on all day (how dreamy is Anderson Cooper?) and already went out to the Justice building to cast our ballots. Then we went to McDonald's to get some french fries like real Americans...

Tonight we are having a little watch party with some couples in our ward. Pizza, streamers, Romney/Ryan sugar cookies and a nail biting election make for one of the best parties of the year! So excited!



But on a serious note, voting and especially women voting is a topic dear to my heart. I believe in this country. I believe we are and can be great and I believe women play a very influential role in our destiny. Here is a video of one of my favorite speeches, Sojourner Truth's "Ain't I A Women". If you have time, watch and listen, it is gorgeous. (The speech starts at 26 seconds)





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes: