11.07.2012

The simple joys of life

We are getting really good at finding the simple joys in life!
Sometimes I get caught up in the "When we finish med school" or "When we can buy a house" etc.  I hope I'm not the only one ;-)

Honestly it's hard to see my friends growing up, buying houses, having babies, and going on exciting European trips. Oh how I do wish that could be us somedays. I have days where I wish I could paint my walls because they are mine. Or that we could book a trip to Jerusalem and not have to worry about homework.

Even though I get caught up in these thoughts every once in a while they don't last.  I do love where we are at. Even though we are years and years away from buying a house I enjoy decorating our cute condo. Even though we can't go on fancy vacations I like to plan little "staycations" to help us get-away. Even though we can't go out and buy new fancy things we love working on our budget and trying hard to find good deals.

Anyway....yesterday was one of those moments. Though we are living a simple life we found joy in that. Zipcar (our great option for a vehicle) was doing a special for election day. I jumped at the chance to get a car for a couple of hours. We bundled up and headed to Costco. While walking through the aisle we both looked at the things we wish we could have. After passing up a few items that we just couldn't afford we decided to splurge....and what did we get?

Rasberries and Muffins! Yep, and I was so excited!!!! I ate a muffin for dinner last night and had both for breakfast this morning.

It may not be a house but our costco muffins and raspberries sure brought some simple joys into our home. We're thinking raspberries, warm hot fudge and ice cream for dinner tonight :-)

So on the days I get caught up in the "When we can...", I'm going to try my hardest to remember what we have now!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hi I am a new following and I really enjoyed reading this post. Sometimes you really get aught up focusing on the ''what's next'' and forget to look at the 'now'. My kids always bring me back to the now.
    You looked like you enjoyed your dinner, it is good to treat yourself. Me I am anticipating this weekend.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/11/anticipating-grenada.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poppyseed cake looks to die for! Way cute blog, love the colors and the idea. My husband will be applying to dental school this year, so I can definitely relate :)

    Lauren
    http://laurenelizabethrogers.blogspot.com/2012/09/tasty-enchiladas.html

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: