11.13.2012

public transit

Sometimes things go as you planned....today was not one of those days and isn't even 10AM yet. 

Today Danny has his Air Force physical. Once today is over we will be done with the long checklist of AF items and we will just be waiting on an official acceptance letter then onward and upward! The physical started at 5:30 this morning so the Air Force put him (us, because I love tagging along) up in the Radisson hotel for the evening. So fun, right? Staying in hotels with big fluffy beds, sample size shampoo, hot tubs and room service is one of my very favorite things. 

The plan was to hot tub it up, have a lovely evening and then I would drive to Ogden in the morning. Once the physical was over (it takes eight hours...don't ask me why) D would take Frontrunner down to the Roy stop thus savings us the annoyance of taking two cars. It almost worked out. 

We got to the hotel and Danny got put with a roommate....that was not me. Oops! Luckily, the lady worked it out after scolding him about how I was not invited. Oops! We seriously, didn't know that part because the recruiter told him he would have his own room so no big deal. Then like the paranoid rule follower that I am, I refused to go down to the hot tub in case we got busted. But seriously, what was I supposed to do at 10 o'clock at night? Drive back to Provo? Sheesh.

Then the alarm went off at 4:30AM, Danny got ready to go and kissed my forehead goodbye as I was still in a sleep stupor. Half an hour later I got a text...Danny accidentally took the car keys with him. This left me to scramble to get checked out, get on a bus and make it to Frontrunner. Here is the thing, I do not like public transit because it makes me really nervous. However, after freezing my tail off for 15 minutes I got on the bus. Got off on the wrong stop, a nice driver let me on a different bus even though I didn't have exact change and then I made it on to the Frontrunner! A college aged guy even asked me for help, "Miss, do I cross the tracks to get on the train or how do I do this?". At least I looked like I knew what I was doing!

  

Anyway, the moral of the story is...keep a spare set of keys with you. Check your hotel reservations to see if your spouse is allowed and avoid public transit. Sorry Syd, I will leave that to you in Chicago!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. hah good to know that days like this happen to other people too! glad it all worked out..i already love your cute blog and we are your newest followers! come follow along at chaseandem.blogspot.com Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't we all have those days? Thanks for stopping by! Just got a chance to check out your blog and I adore it. Add us to your stalkers list!

      Delete
  2. Don't we all have those days? Thanks for stopping by! Just got a chance to check out your blog and I adore it. Add us to your stalkers list!

    ReplyDelete

Love Notes: