10.16.2012

Read America


Today I'm going to tell you about one of my favorite book series! It is called The Hunger Games. Just kidding. Even though that is one of my favorite book series, I know everyone has read it, loved it, seen it. (Seriously, how great is the casting for the movies!) 

One of my favorite book series was a recent discovery. Did you ever read The Giver by Lois Lowry? You probably did and hopefully you loved it like I did. Did you know it was the first book of a series? Maybe I'm the last person on Earth to discover this fact but I'm so glad I did! The girls in my family drove through the Midwest recently and on the way home we read The Giver. My mom hated the ending and pointed out that it must be a part of a series. I googled it and to my great surprise, she was right. How did a teacher new tell me that? The series consists of The Giver, Gathering Blue, The Messenger, and Son

I won't go in to detail about each of them but I will say that this is a beautiful series and a unique one. It isn't like Harry Potter or the Hunger Games because it isn't the continuation of a single story line. New characters,  new settings, new plots, same theme. I LOVE them. They are all really quick reads not only because they are short but because they are hard to put down. I'm still undecided on which of the books are my favorite, The Giver has been a long time love so it has an unfair advantage but the other books are putting up a good fight. 

These books are young reader fiction but a few things in them are a little disturbing so I would rate them Family Friendly.

Because of this new discovery I am moved to have people share their favorites. Don't let me go another 15 years not knowing one of my favorite books of all time belongs to a series! Reading a book you love? Have a favorite that you want everyone on the planet to enjoy? Link up so we can read it too!

post signature







get the InLinkz code

                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love Notes: